Association for Corporate Growth - Raleigh/Durham Chapter
ACG Raleigh-Durham seeks to maintain a membership balance of high-level corporate executives, private equity partners, and senior legal, finance, and service professionals.
Membership in Raleigh Durham Chapter is selective, not everyone who applies is accepted. Potential members are encouraged to attend a chapter event(s) and and discuss membership with board members, the executive director, or the VP Membership in advance of completing an application.
Membership application process:
Application to ACG is completed online.
Applications that meet any of the following criteria will be automatically approved:
• C-level executive of company with 5M+ revenue (or funding)
• Private equity partner
• Senior-level representative from sponsoring company (must be an annual sponsor, or CC sponsor)
All other applications are reviewed by a membership review team and the Chapter Board of Directors.
The review will include a personal interview (phone or in person), focused on expectations for membership (how does the applicant expect to benefit, how does the applicant expect to contribute, etc.).
The membership review team will make a recommendation to accept or decline membership, based on a balance of the following criteria:
• compatibility with mission and vision of the chapter
• position within their company
• company within core ACG interest
• previous experiences in core ACG interests (e.g. a serial CEO, but currently unemployed)
• experience in serving on boards or similar volunteer contributions
• contacts and networks
• sponsorship opportunities
The membership team’s recommendations will be presented for approval to the full board on a monthly basis.
The VP Membership/Executive Director are responsible for communicating with all applicants regarding the status of their membership applications.