DHG’s IT Transaction Advisory specialists will present the importance of a buyer understanding IT compliance requirements and cybersecurity risk at a target company prior to finalizing a deal. We will also discuss the red flags and pitfalls that can occur in a deal involving a target company that needs to be in compliance with various IT regulatory frameworks such as PCI DSS, HIPAA / HITRUST, NIST, FISMA, and cybersecurity requirements of GDPR and CCPA.
Why should you attend?
Closing a transaction without knowing relevant IT regulatory and compliance requirements of a target company can substantially increase the risk and/or cost to the buyer. Purchasing a company that is subject to compliance requirements that are not known or have not been addressed can result in unforeseen technology needs and costs. Addressing these gaps post-closing frequently requires unforeseen additional cost to be factored to the buyer’s decision-making process.
Join us as we discuss:
- An overview of common IT compliance or regulatory frameworks that DHG specialists frequently encounter during the M&A diligence process, such as PCI DSS, HIPAA / HITRUST, NIST, FISMA, and GDPR / CCPA
- What happens if the buyer does not comply with required compliance frameworks post-closing?
- How can an IT due diligence specialist help the buyer determine if the target company is truly meeting compliance requirements or just doing the “bare minimum”?
- Does the target company have independent assessments performed annually? How can these reports help provide additional comfort regarding internal controls at the company and compliance with any required regulatory frameworks?
- Examples of deals where DHG IT Specialists noted regulatory compliance issues or gaps for the buyer.
Attendees can ask questions during the webinar.