The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), signed into law by President Donald Trump in December 2017, created the opportunity zone program to incentivize long-term capital investments in economically disadvantaged areas. Recently released initial guidance triggered an uptick in investor interest and fund creation to take advantage of the significant tax benefits this provision provides.
Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZs) are primarily low-income census tracts nominated by each state, U.S. possession, and Washington, D.C. and then certified by the Treasury. By investing in QOZs, family offices and private equity firms can benefit from significant tax breaks for investment capital – including tax-free income.
Not only is this the hottest topic in the real estate industry but it has been described as one of the most beneficial tax reforms in decades. Join us as we shed light on opportunity zones, how they work, their risks, and the benefits.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Obtain an overview of opportunity zones
- Gain insights on how the opportunity zone program works
- Gain a solid understanding of how the private equity industry can take advantage
- Learn the potential tax benefits
- Understand the latest guidance from U.S. Treasury Department