The presentation will focus on understanding how companies' perspectives and their retaliatory actions towards the US-China trade tariffs have changed over the past 12 months. Additionally, what these changes mean for the future - in particular with regards to the global expansion of manufacturing operations, global supply chain optimization and global customer base expansion.
The foundation for this analysis:
- EWA survey of 200+ US manufacturers producing in / sourcing from China: August 2018
- EWA survey of 230+ US manufacturers producing in / sourcing from China: August 2019
- Each survey was designed to explore how manufacturers perceive the potential impact of the US-China trade tariffs and what actions have / are being taken to mitigate risk to operations.
- The presentation will outline the following processes:
- Global Manufacturing Footprint Optimization
- Global Supply Chain Optimization
- Global Customer Base Optimization
- Additionally, EWA will present 3 case studies of US companies expanding their manufacturing, supply chain and customer base into Mexico, Central Eastern Europe and Vietnam.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to
- Understand the comprehensive impact of the US-China trade tariffs upon US companies operating in and supplying from China
- Mitigate the impact of the US-China trade tariffs on a company by expanding beyond China
- Learn how to optimize global manufacturing footprint, global supply chain and global customer base
Attendees can ask questions during the webinar.