June 14, 2018 11:30 AM - 1 PM CDT
Add to Calendar
Join ACG Minnesota along with Corvus North, as our Women's Series continues with our guest speaker, Barbara Lupient, retired CEO and current Chairperson of the Lupient Companies. Barbara Lupient -- mother, grandmother, entrepreneur, corporate director, and philanthropist -- will share her journey on "retiring to" the next chapter of her life after preparing the second generation of her family to lead the business.
Join us for lunch with a great view of the Minneapolis East Town neighborhood at the 550 Tower of Wells Fargo.
Barbara K. Lupient, retired CEO and current Chairman, The Lupient Companies
The Lupient Companies are a household name in Minneapolis, Minnesota, known for their quality products and commitment to customer service. Barbara Lupient built on the reputation her husband helped create. Following his death, she carried on the business and mentored her children to assume greater responsibility and ownership roles. Today, the second generation of Lupient family members continue the business while Barbara "retires to" the next stage of her career -- managing Lupient properties and as a philanthropist with Opportunity International, an organization dedicated to helping people in developing countries create and successfully manage their own businesses.
Barbara has held numerous local and national directorships in the automotive industry, banking, education and health care. A few of her previous roles include:
- Director of the Greater Minneapolis Auto Dealers
- Co-Chair of General Motors Women's Dealer Advisory Council
- Director of General Motors Dealer Advisory Council
- Director/Vice Chair of Park Nicollet Health System
- Director/Chair of Methodist Hospital Foundation
- Director of Citizens Independent Bank
- Director of Hamline University
- Director of Minneapolis Visitors and Convention Bureau
- Founder/Principal of the Lupient Family Foundation