September 24, 2020 9 AM - 10 AM EDTAdd to Calendar
Dong Shen, M.D., Ph.D.
President and CEO, RNAimmune
Dong Shen, M.D., PhD., graduated from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, is the founder and CEO of RNAimmune. Headquartered in Gaithersburg, MD, RNAimmune’s messenger RNA proprietary technology is used to
develop cancer and antibody therapies and vaccines and the company is focused on developing a mRNA vaccine for COVID-19. Dr. Shen will discuss:
- Challenges in developing a successful vaccine for COVID-19 and the prospects for success
- Collaboration on vaccine development with government and commercial entities, locally, nationally and globally
- Strategies for implementing the worldwide distribution of effective vaccines
- Impact of the pandemic on the medical research community and opportunities it has created for company growth
Read recent press release.
- Infectious Diseases: prophylactic vaccines to help immune systems build responsive mechanisms against serious infectious diseases.
- Immuno Oncology: individualized neoantigen based therapeutic vaccines to treat cancer. Also provide early detection and companion diagnosis
- Rare Diseases: mRNA-based therapeutics to treat difficult rare diseases.
RNAimmune has developed a synthetic biology based, artificial intelligence aided platform that help us design better mRNAs to invoke the optimal response from our immune system. Current projects that are enabled by our platform include multi-target prophylactic vaccines and cancer vaccines expressing tumor-targeted epitopes.
Dr. Shen graduated with PhD degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and MD degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine. Dr. Shen has extensive drug development experience in AstraZeneca and Johnson and Johnson, having led projects across multiple therapeutic areas with high unmet medical need. He has held leadership across early and late programs in the areas of infectious disease, oncology and rare disease. Dr. Shen received numerous awards in the past. He was the recipient of Johnson & Johnson leadership award in 2018 and innovation award in 2017. All his manuscripts have been published at the most influential journals, such as Science and Nature. The total number of his publication citations is over 16,400.
RNAimmune is a leading company in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA) technology with more than 20 years’ expertise in handling and optimizing this versatile molecule for medical purposes. The principle of RNAimmune's proprietary technology is the use of mRNA as a data carrier to instruct the human body to produce its own proteins capable of fighting a wide range of diseases. The company applies its technologies for the development of cancer therapies, antibody therapies, the treatment of rare diseases, and prophylactic vaccines.
Hosted by: ACG
September 24, 2020 11pm