M&A East will host Roundtables on Thursday morning designed for all conference attendees. Sessions will be led by a moderator and faciliators with subject matter expertise. These roundtables are designed to be highly interactive as attendees engage in dialogue on trends and issues with operators, investors and advisers.
|9:00 - 10:10 AM||10:20 - 11:30 AM|
The Changing Retail Industry and the Impact of Amazon
|Bolt On Acquisitions
Value Preservation/Crisis Preparedness
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM Roundtables / Programming
Sponsored by Ernst & Young, LLP and Stradley Ronon
CEOs, PE investors and investment bankers lead interactive discussions focused on M&A market trends.
Speakers subject to change.
The Changing Retail Industry and the Impact of Amazon (9:00 AM - 200 level)
This session will discuss the changes occurring in the retail industry (such as smaller real estate locations, the hybrid model and experiential shopping) and will focus on the Amazon effect. The discussion will address how these changes are impacting deals, diligence and how retail businesses are responding.
- Moderator: Michael Kollender, Head of Consumer & Retail Investment Banking, Stifel
- Matt Katz, Managing Partner, SSA & Company
- Rick Perkal, CEO, Firelight Capital
- Colin Watts, former CEO, Vitamin Shoppe
Behavioral Economics: Driving Team Culture (9:00 AM - 200 level)
Behavioral research indicates that the most effective teams are those who understand and adjust to each other’s behavioral styles to achieve goals. From knowing your team’s strengths and challenges to flexing communication styles, teams with greater behavioral understanding are successful teams. Listen in on our round table of operators who have used behavioral economics to produce highly effective teams in rapid growth and changing environments.
- Moderator: Tish Squillaro, CEO, CANDOR Consulting
- Chris Clark, Partner, Edison Partners
- Mario Diez, Founder & Managing Partner, Acela Strategy
- Zvika Netter, CEO, Innovid
Bolt-on Acquisitions (10:20 AM - 200 level)
Is the Bolt-on investment strategy a new normal or is this strategy being influenced by the current market dynamics? Understand the primary reasons for this strategy as well as the best practices on structuring and closing deals plus integration issues.
- Moderator: William G. Gonzalez, Senior Vice President Business Development, Audax
- Ryan Northington, Partner, Guardian Capital Partners
- Robert O'Sullivan, Chief Development Officer, Axia Woman’s Health
- Ken Pawloski, CFO, Cheltenhouse
- Fritz Richards, Partner, Prestwick Partners
Value Preservation / Crisis Preparedness (10:20 AM - 200 level)
Company exposure to crisis continues to rise at an alarming rate, increasing the potential for brand damage and significant financial losses. This session will provide a framework to preserve the value of prospective and active investments in order to anticipate, prepare, prevent, detect, and mitigate a crisis.
- Moderator: Michael Jacoby, Senior Managing Director, Phoenix Capital Resources
- Annalisa Fornarelli, Vice President Global Food Safety & Quality Control, Campbell Soup
- Meghan Keohane, Ass. Vice President, Buchanan PR
- Suzanne Watts, VP Marketing & Communications, Day & Zimmermann