Looking to take your career to the next level? The ACG BC [Rising Stars] Program focuses on mentoring younger professionals involved with corporate growth, corporate development, and mergers and acquisitions. By matching BC’s Rising Stars with mentors from our outstanding deal-making community of prominent leaders, our Program results in accelerated professional and personal growth for our participants.
ACG assembles mentors that are leaders in a broad range of fields in the deal-making community including investment banking, legal advisory, commercial banking, private equity and corporate development. Mentors and mentees are paired cross-functionally for development outside of their respective fields.
The Program is a key part of ACG BC’s mandate to grow the middle market in BC by opening doors for participants and facilitating a strong deal-making community. As a way to give back to the community the Program is fully funded by the ACG BC.
The one year program consists of two events in which the full mentor / mentee cohort will have the opportunity to network and build meaningful relationships, as well as more informal networking opportunities with other Rising Stars in the program throughout the year. Individually, Rising Stars will connect with their mentor directly to schedule one-on-one mentoring sessions every 6 – 8 weeks.
Ideal BC Rising Stars candidates fit the following profile:
• 3 – 6 years of professional experience
• Nominee should be a top player in your company/firm with strong command of their business
• Nominee should have the background and aspiration to succeed in the deal making community
• Nominee should express a desire to network and be active in ACG
• Nominee should be willing to commit to attend the series of events and be an engaged participant.
We require all selected Rising Stars to be, or become, a member of the ACG.
Apply to the ACG BC Rising Stars Program by 11:59pm Pacific Time on [March 30, 2018] with the following documents:
1. Cover Letter explaining your motivation to join the program, and goals for the program if you are successful
2. 1-page Resume
Applications to be submitted via email to Vancouver@acg.org with “ACG BC Rising Stars Application – [Your Name]” in the subject line by 11:59pm Pacific Time on [March 30, 2018]
• Time Commitment: 2 educational and networking events with the 2018 mentor / mentee cohort; one-on-one mentorship sessions with your assigned mentor every 6 – 8 weeks. Optional informal networking with other Rising Stars in the Program
• Financial Commitment: nil cost associated with the Program. We require all selected Rising Stars to be, or become, a member of the ACG (insert cost – don’t forget to check whether your employer has a Corporate Membership).
For further information contact our Program Chairs, Leah McGimpsey of Rocky Mountaineer at email@example.com and Klemens Wilhelm of Fulcrum Equity Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org.