Mr. McLeod currently holds the position of Director at East West Associates. He is a manufacturing expert with nearly 20 years’ experience of building chemical facilities in Asia and the high-performing organizations needed to operate them.
Before joining East West Associates, Mr. McLeod worked for a private American-owned international consulting company based in Shanghai. His responsibilities include assisting China-bound companies establish operations, site selection, product sourcing & equipment procurement, engineering, design and plant construction management, and start-up support.
- In his previous position, as Director Asia Pacific Operations Ashland Specialty Ingredients (previously AQUALON) in Shanghai, he was responsible for operations & supply chain at facilities at wholly-owned facilities in Jiangmen, Guangdong & Nanjing, Jiangsu, in addition to serving as manufacturing liaison to JV with facilities in Suzhou and Luzhou.
- Leadership of $100MM Greenfield project in Nanjing for the production of cellulose polymers used primarily in the paints and coatings industry.
- Management of $25MM investment in re-dispersible polymers for the construction industry (2011-2013) and a $7MM investment in excipient processing
- Restructuring of 400+ person operation in Jiangmen
- Achieved year-over-year reduction in material and energy costs, resulting in savings of US$7MM during the 2010 - 2013 period
- Shutdown of the original assets and consolidated production into a state-of-the art facility constructed at the same site. This unfortunately required displacement of 200 employees. The restructuring was accomplished in an orderly and humane manner that was recognized by the local government as a “best practice”
Mr. McLeod began his career at Hercules and held numerous positions in China & Asia Pacific during his 17 years of employment:
- Director of Engineering
- Supply Chain Director
- Manufacturing Director
- Plant Manager
- Primary Team Leader
- Engineering Manager
- Process Engineer
- Mr. McLeod has a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Maine.
Jay Josef Hoenig
In his role as Director, Jay Hoenig is responsible for Strategic Planning, Project Implementation and Business Development, with a focus on the risk management and engineering/construction industries.
Before joining East West Associates, Mr. Hoenig was the Chief Operating Officer Asia Pacific for Hill and Associates Group and Chairman of Hill & Associates (PRC). In this role, Mr. Hoenig was responsible for managing the Asia Pacific operations (Japan through Pakistan) to include business strategy, strategic planning, executive business development, client relations, country operations and all client projects and assignments.
Hill and Associates is an enterprise wide risk management consulting firm specializing in asset and financial security areas such as IPO and M&A due diligence, plant closures and downsizing, financial and social compliance, fraud deterrence and investigations, intellectual property protection, copyright, patent investigations.
Before joining H&A, Mr. Hoenig was Asia Pacific VP and General Manager with Bechtel, Managing Director with Parson Brinckerhoff and Senior Director at Fluor Corporation. All are major international architectural, engineering and construction organizations operating in the Asia Pacific Region.
Mr. Hoenig served on the Board of Directors of the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai for three years and was the 2001 and 2002 Vice Chairman and Chairman where he initiated the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Advocacy Program, Engineering and Construction Committee and the Ethics Committee.
Mr. Hoenig has over 40 years’ experience in providing consulting services to both industry and government on a global basis. He has been working in Asia since 1994 and has lived in both Singapore and Shanghai.
Mr. Hoenig graduated from Virginia Military Institute and attended graduate programs at John Hopkins and Harvard. He received a Presidential Appointment under the Reagan/Bush administration and served in the Department of Defense.
Mr. Bryant founded East West Associates (EWA) in 2005 with the goal to provide western manufacturers operating in China/Asia with visionary operational, commercial and risk management solutions. Established upon the belief that proven, on-the-ground working experience is the key to creating result-oriented solutions, all members of Mr. Bryant’s executive team have lived in China/Asia and held senior management positions with P&L responsibilities for western multinational companies operating in China/Asia including Briggs & Stratton (NYSE: BGG), Bechtel Corporation and Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS).
Before founding EWA, Mr. Bryant worked for 8 years as the Director of International Sales and Business Development for Barnhardt Manufacturing Company, a leading manufacturer supplying the global medical market and importer of consumer products. His primary responsibilities included:
- Developing & executing global strategic initiatives through partnerships, joint ventures and licensing arrangements
- Developing disciplined product development procedures with manufacturing, R&D and technical divisions
- Global launching of new products
- Building & managing an Asian, European and South American customer base
During his tenure at Barnhardt Manufacturing Company, Mr. Bryant was awarded:
- North Carolina Governors International Trade Award in 1998, 2000 and 2002
- U.S. Department of Commerce’s Export Achievement Certificate.
Mr. Bryant’s previous working engagements included:
- Attorney of Law at Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak and Stewart
- Congressional Lobbyist for the American Textile Manufacturers Institute and the National Association for Textile Manufacturers
- Committee Assistant to Congressman Elton Gallegly of California
Mr. Bryant has a Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill