May 26, 2021 3:45 PM - 5:30 PM CEST
Where:Add to Calendar
US Tax and Financial Services invite you to this online event.
The aim of the session will be to provide insight into the additional reporting and compliance requirements that come with accepting US investors or investing in US assets and to de-mystify some of the jargon surrounding it. We will also provide insight into the latest Biden tax changes and their impact on funds.
Who should attend:
- People in finance or tax roles with European LP funds that have, or are targeting, US investors or that are investing in US assets.
- Fund administrators, lawyers or local tax advisers whose fund clients have US connections
Topics to be covered include:
- How do I structure my fund to accept US investors?
- What is a PFIC, and who needs to know?
- Who needs a K-1, and how do I provide one?
- Does the fund ever have to file in the US if there are no US investments?
- Will my fund be generating UBTI, and why does this matter?
- Changes to the rules for reporting partner capital accounts
- How do my European investors get returns paid on time from US exits?
- What is the role of a Partnership Representative, and do I need one?
- How is the fund or the investors affected by Biden tax changes to carried interest and capital gains rates?
Registration will begin at 14.45 but the webinar will start at 15.00 and last approximately 1 hour.
The event will take place on our Remo virtual networking / webinar platform which provides the opportunity for guests to network prior to and following the webinar itself. This is a great opportunity to build your network so please plan in extra time, especially after the event, if you wish to take advantage of this opportunity. The event will be open for an extra 30 minutes once the webinar finishes.