April 16, 2019 4 PM - 9 PM PDT
ACG SAN DIEGO ANNUAL PADRES EVENT @ PETCO PARK SOLD OUT
The Machado Deal: The Economics of One of the Biggest Free-Agent Contracts in American Sports History
SOLD OUT 04/10/19
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
4:00pm - 9:00pm
Petco Park Auditorium & T-Mobile Party Deck
- 4:00pm - 4:30pm: Registration
- 4:30pm - 5:30pm: Program in Auditorium
- 5:30pm: Networking, Beer & Buffet on Private T-Mobile Party Deck
- 6:10pm: Padres v. Colorado Rockies
It's Manny Machado's inaugural season with the Padres. Ticket sales rose $3 million the first 2 weeks after Machado and the Padres signed a $300 million 10-year contract, a record at the time. Hear the inside scoop on how this deal came together from one of the lead negotiators! We’ll cover the Padres' strategy to bring a championship to San Diego and how this generational talent decided to spend his best years in America’s Finest City. How did the Padres plan for and make the winning offer? What can we learn from the Padres and Machado’s successful negotiations? This is an ACG Padres event not to be missed!
Afternoon begins with a Padres Management panel.After the talk, join us at the T-Mobile Home Run Deck to watch the Padres take on the Rockies and enjoy some ballpark fare along with cold beer.
- How Padres management justified Machado’s $300 million price tag.
- Understand the business of MLB and the free agent system–risks and rewards.
- How both sides came to a win-win.
- Josh Stein - Assistant General Manager, San Diego Padres
- Peter Seidler - General Partner, San Diego Padres
- Dennis Doucette - Partner & Chair of Corporate & Securities Practice Group, Procopio
- Teeple Hall, LLP
- Delphi Private Advisors
SPONSORS WANTED! Contact David Crean at David.Crean@ObjectiveCP.com.
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
PRE-REGISTRATION ONLINE ONLY by APRIL 12.
ACG Members & NextGen Members: $75
Non-Members & Guests: $120
No cancellations/refunds after April 12. All ticket sales final. No onsite registration. Must have a ticket to attend.
Tickets will be available at WILL CALL for pick up from 4:00pm (Park Blvd side). Use group entrance and take elevator up to auditorium. A confirmation email will be sent to all registrants with final details.
Questions? Contact Judy Susser-Travis at email@example.com or 619 741 7247. EVENT DAY ONLY: Cell 858 484 1982.
Hosted by: ACG