October 8, 2019 11:30 AM - 1 PM PDT
October BrownBag: Good Deal or Not? – How to Analyze an Unsolicited “LOI” (or Letter of Intent)
Please note this event has sold out. The venue for this event has changed to Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP offices at 12275 El Camino Real, 2nd Floor Boardroom, San Diego, CA 92130.
You own and/or operate a successful business. Your company is not for sale. One day, out of the blue a potential buyer shows interest in your company and sends you an “LOI” (or Letter of Intent). What do you do now? How to read it?
Join a panel of two top M&A Attorneys who will share some real life examples of what they have learned from decades of practice. They will address:
- When to consult your attorney and/or bring in the M&A attorney
- Which other advisors to consult or not
- How to distinguish binding and non-binding terms
- How to analyze binding terms like exclusivity and lock-up and make them more palatable
- How to evaluate non binding terms like price, form of consideration, form of deal, non-compete, employment terms, etc.
- How to assesss whether the price and terms are adequate or not
- How to make sure that the non-binding terms provide the right level of protection for the seller
- How to best orchestrate a response to the buyer who made the unsolicited offer
You can also bring your questions and “stump” the experts. Great information for for Business Owners and C-Level Execs as well as Advisors working with business owners.
- Robert G. Copeland - Sheppard Mullin, Special Council
- Charles B. Witham - Witham Mahoney & Abbott, LLP, Partner
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
- ACG Members & Sponsors: $20
- Non-Members: $30
(includes boxed lunch)
For more BrownBag info: Please contact Leo Klijn/BrownBag Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 858-231-2393 or John Henberger/BrownBag Chair at 760-635-1199 or 760-271-5541.
Contact Executive Director Judy Susser-Travis, CMP, CMM at email@example.com or 619-741-7247.
Please Note: Your registration for this event acts as an audio/video release and includes your permission for ACG San Diego to use your image and comments captured on audio, video or photographic formats while attending the event for marketing and promotional purposes. For further information please contact: Judy Susser-Travis - ACG San Diego Executive Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-741-7247.
Hosted by Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP.
Hosted by: ACG