April 21, 2020 4:30 PM - 7 PM PDT
Important Information about COVID-19 & ACG San Diego Event Postponement
At this time, there is unfortunately a confirmed case of the COVID-19 virus in San Diego and an official request by the Governor of California to avoid public gatherings through the end of March. Our hope is that the victim experiences a full recovery quickly and no more cases occur. Increasingly, our member companies are advising employees and their clients to work from home, to cancel all non-essential travel and to avoid attending conferences and other large gatherings, many of which have been cancelled. Considering the dynamic nature of this situation, and the health and safety of our members and attendees, ACG San Diego is postponing the following chapter events:
- March 17: Impact Investing – HCAP Partners’ Investment in Mission Healthcare
- March 19: NextGen Event
- March 24: New Member Lunch
- April 7: April BrownBag: The Emotions Around Selling a Business
- April 21: Cannabis: It's Here, So What's Next?
Your registration will be cancelled and refunded in full. As each postponed event has been rescheduled, we will promote a new date and details.
We at ACG San Diego will continue to monitor this situation and follow any advisories issued by the San Diego County Health & Human Services. In addition, ACG Global is monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Canadian Public Health Services and World Health Organization (WHO) response to and guidance about COVID-19.
For more regional information: San Diego County Health & Human Services
We apologize for any inconvenience to our participants and wish good health for our community at home and worldwide.
As States and cities expand their acceptance of medicinal or recreational cannabis, service providers are less worried about impacting their brand’s reputation if they get involved in this industry, and more concerned about how to position themselves to avoid being left behind in this large, fast-growing market. But what support is currently needed by cannabis-related businesses, and where is that support lacking from the service provider community? Join us Tuesday, April 21, 2020 as our panel will discuss developments and issues impacting this industry, including financing alternatives, branding, national and local legislative initiatives, as well as legal (entity and transaction structures, intellectual property), risk management, accounting, and other operational considerations.
- The latest on local/state/federal legislation
- How banking regulations impact businesses in this industry
- Where professional service providers can make a difference
- Typical investors in these businesses
- Bryan Buckley –Helmand Valley Growers Company, CEO & Founder
- James Brennan – Enlightened Brand Ventures, CEO
- Gary Seelhorst – Flora California, Chief Compliance & Corporate Development Officer
- Kristen Suchanec – Island Brands, Vice President of Production
- Kimberly R. Simms, Esq. – Law Office of Kimberly R. Simms, Founding Attorney
- Marshall Varano – CohnReznick, Partner
REGISTRATION SUSPENDED to be rescheduled/new date pending
- ACGSD Members & ACGSD Sponsors: $0
- ACGSD Next Gen Members: $0
- Members of Other Chapters: $75
- Non-Members & Guests: $95
Contact Executive Director Judy Susser-Travis, CMP, CMM at email@example.com or 619-741-7247.
Please Note: Your registration for this event acts as an audio/video release and includes your permission for ACG San Diego to use your image and comments captured on audio, video or photographic formats while attending the event for marketing and promotional purposes. For further information please contact: Judy Susser-Travis - ACG San Diego Executive Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 619 741 7247.