October 28, 2021 11 AM - 12 PM EDTAdd to Calendar
Family office and private equity investors are invited to attend an exclusive Family Office Forum: Key Themes & Lessons Learned in Co-Investing virtual event.
Join us for a peer-to-peer virtual roundtable, where attendees will discuss experiences and strategies for sourcing and executing co-investments between family offices and private equity firms. Following the discussion, attendees will participate in small group networking & Q&A with the panelists in breakout rooms.
This event is invitation only for Family Offices & Private Equity firms.
- Engin Okaya, Managing Director, Prudential Private Capital
- Engin Okaya is the Managing Director of Prudential Private Capital's New York Corporate Finance Office. She oversees the private placement and mezzanine activity in our Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic territories (including Bermuda) and Eastern Canada, which consists of a $7 billion portfolio (as of 6.30.21) of senior debt, mezzanine debt and private equity investments. Prior to this, Engin served as Senior Vice President responsible for the New York office-based territories: Eastern Canada and New England. She joined Prudential in 1998 and has worked in several different Prudential Private Capital offices, including our Chicago Corporate Finance office, Mezzanine team, and Corporate and Project Workouts. Engin received a BS from Boston College and an MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management.
- Samantha Ory, General Partner, Ouroboros Group
- Samantha Ory is a Private Equity professional who has led two deals to closing over the past year with Ouroboros Group in both the contract manufacturing services and consumer services sectors. Prior to Ouroboros Samantha was on the investment team at Generation Equity Capital and has been active in sourcing, evaluating and executing on investment opportunities as well as developing investment theses across various sectors. Prior to joining Generation, Samantha was at Corporate Fuel Advisors where she advised clients on a variety of M&A and financing transactions. Prior experience includes working at a start-up quant hedge fund as an algorithm/back tester and Capital Markets at Morgan Stanley with a focus on the consumer sector. Samantha received her BBA in Design & Management, Summa Cum Laude, from Parsons The New School For Design. Most recently, she received an MBA from Brandeis University where she graduated top 5% with a concentration in Finance & Economics and a minor in Social Policy. Samantha’s interests include Golf, Blackjack, Skiing, Guitar, Competitive distance running, and Mixed Martial Arts. Samantha is passionate about incorporating fitness-for-a-cause into her routine and is an active fundraiser for The Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Charity events include boxing for cancer research with Haymakers For Hope, running the 2018 Boston Marathon, and most recently running the B.A.A. Half Marathon with Team Dana Farber to raise awareness and funding.
- Andrew Shiftan, Senior Managing Director, BHC Capital Partners
- Andrew Shiftan is a Senior Managing Director of BHC Capital Partners and also serves as a member of the Advisor’s Investment Committee. Mr. Shiftan focuses on sourcing and executing new investment opportunities as well as the monitoring of portfolio companies, the same roles he has had since 2007 with respect to the predecessor funds managed by the Advisor. Mr. Shiftan also serves on the Board of Directors of several companies in the Advisor’s portfolio. Mr. Shiftan brings over 20 years experience in corporate finance, M&A and debt and equity underwriting for both private and public companies. Previously, Mr. Shiftan served as a Managing Director within the Corporate Finance Department of Morgan Joseph & Co., Head of Investment Banking at CapitalKey Advisors LLC, a subsidiary of CapitalIQ Inc., and held various roles at KPMG Corporate Finance LLC, and Janney Montgomery Scott LLC. Mr. Shiftan received an MBA with Honors from Fordham University, earned a BA degree from the University of Virginia and holds Series 24, 7 and 63 FINRA registrations.
- Gerry DeBiasi, Partner, Kidd & Co. (Moderator)
- Gerry joined Kidd & Company in 2001 and has been involved in several of the firm’s investments, including Chatham Technologies, MedSource Technologies, Empower Health, iPacesetters, Reladyne, Logistyx Technologies (which was named Technology Deal of the year by ACG), and most recently Brand Holdings / Dr. Emil Nutrition. He divides his time between the identification, evaluation and closing of new investment opportunities and the oversight of existing portfolio companies, with a particular focus on multi-company acquisitions/integration strategies. He joined KCO from Chatham Technologies, where he served as SVP of Business Development and was instrumental in driving revenue growth from $153 MM to over $600 MM over a three-year period. Previously Gerry was a strategy consultant with The Monitor Company and also worked at Fidelity Investments and The Federal Reserve Board of Governors, in addition to co-founding a specialty publishing company. Gerry received a BA in Economics, summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from Dartmouth College and an MBA from Harvard Business School, earning honors recognition in the process. He is also a member of the Family Office Committee of ACG’s Boston Chapter.
- Greg O’Shaughnessy, Corporate M&A Partner, Nixon Peabody (Moderator)
- Greg O’Shaughnessy is a corporate partner in the Boston office of Nixon Peabody and a member of the firm’s Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions practice. Mr. O’Shaughnessy’s practice is focused on providing a broad range of transaction-based services for private equity, growth equity and venture capital investors as well as strategic buyers and entrepreneurs.
Hosted by: ACG