Mr. Bryant founded East West Associates (EWA) in 2005 with the goal to provide western manufacturers operating in China/Asia with visionary operational, commercial and risk management solutions. Established upon the belief that proven, on-the-ground working experience is the key to creating result-oriented solutions, all members of Mr. Bryant’s executive team have lived in China/Asia and held senior management positions with P&L responsibilities for western multinational companies operating in China/Asia including Briggs & Stratton (NYSE: BGG), Bechtel Corporation and Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS). Before founding EWA, Mr. Bryant worked for 8 years as the Director of International Sales and Business Development for Barnhardt Manufacturing Company, a leading manufacturer supplying the global medical market and importer of consumer products.
His primary responsibilities included:
- Developing & executing global strategic initiatives through partnerships, joint ventures and licensing arrangements
- Developing disciplined product development procedures with manufacturing, R&D and technical divisions
- Global launching of new products
- Building & managing an Asian, European and South American customer base
- During his tenure at Barnhardt Manufacturing Company, Mr. Bryant was awarded:
- North Carolina Governors International Trade Award in 1998, 2000 and 2002
- U.S. Department of Commerce’s Export Achievement Certificate.
Mr. Bryant’s previous working engagements included:
- Attorney of Law at Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak and Stewart
- Congressional Lobbyist for the American Textile Manufacturers Institute and the National Association for Textile Manufacturers
- Committee Assistant to Congressman Elton Gallegly of California
Mr. Bryant has a Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill.
Mr. McLeod currently holds the position of Director at East West Associates. He is a manufacturing expert with nearly 20 years’ experience of building chemical facilities in Asia and the high-performing organizations needed to operate them.
Before joining East West Associates, Mr. McLeod worked for a private American-owned international consulting company based in Shanghai. His responsibilities include assisting China-bound companies perform due diligence to establish operations, site selection, equipment procurement, engineering, design and plant construction management, and start-up support.
In his previous position, as Director Asia Pacific Operations Ashland Specialty Ingredients (previously AQUALON) in Shanghai, he was responsible for operations at facilities at wholly-owned facilities in Jiangmen, Guangdong & Nanjing, Jiangsu, in addition to serving as Manufacturing liaison to JV with facilities in Suzhou and Luzhou.
- Leadership of $100MM Greenfield project in Nanjing for the production of cellulose polymers used primarily in the paints and coatings industry.
- Management of $25MM investment in re-dispersible polymers for the construction industry (2011-2013) and a $7MM investment in excipient processing
- Restructuring of 400+ person operation in Jiangmen
- Achieved year-over-year reduction in material and energy costs, resulting in savings of US$7MM during the 2010 - 2013 period
- Shutdown of the original assets and consolidated production into a state-of-the art facility constructed at the same site. This unfortunately required displacement of 200 employees. The restructuring was accomplished in an orderly and humane manner that was recognized by the local government as a “best practice”
Mr. McLeod began his career at Hercules and held numerous positions during his 17 years of employment:
- Director of Engineering
- Supply Chain Director
- Manufacturing Director
- Plant Manager
- Primary Team Leader
- Engineering Manager
- Process Engineer
Mr. McLeod has a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Maine.
Mr. Plum currently holds the position of Director of East West Associates. In this role Mr. Plum is responsible for business development, client relationship, project execution, with a focus on USA companies and firms who either have operating units in China/Asia Pacific or plan to enter the markets.
Prior to his joining East West Associates in 2013, Mr. Plum served for 11 years as President of Briggs & Stratton Asia Pacific (NYSE: BGG), based in Shanghai, China. A position with P/L responsibility for multiple manufacturing facilities, distribution operations, sales offices and warehouses in the China/Asia Pacific region:
- China, Japan, Philippines, South Korea, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Singapore and Taiwan
During his tenure as President of Briggs & Stratton Asia Pacific, Mr. Plum played an instrumental role in achieving numerous company milestones:
- Establishment of an engine manufacturing facility in Chongqing, China
- Development of a design center, laboratory and application test center in Shanghai
- Creation of a 200 dealer network throughout China to service end products
- Development of a complete line of Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE) (lawn mowers, tillers, generators, and water pumps
- Establishment of an application engineering and design center servicing 120 Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s)
- Creation of a manufacturing and distribution center in Subic Bay, Philippines
- Driving annual operating income year on year growth exceeding 10 percent per year
- Growing the business from start-up to 120 million USD with 600+ employees
Before his tenure as President of Briggs & Stratton Asia Pacific, Mr. Plum’s previous positions included:
- Vice President of Sales and Marketing / American Standard (Trane Air Conditioning Division) in Thailand & China
- Member of the Global Sales Manpower Program (SMP) with General Electric
Mr. Plum has a Masters of International Management from Thunderbird School of International Management, Phoenix, Arizona.