This panel will provide a deep dive on the disruptive potential and application of blockchain technology to the world of M&A. The discussion will include:
- How blockchain technology itself can be used to bring efficiency and reduce cost to mergers and acquisitions;
- A look at M&A activity in the blockchain industry over the past year and a view to what the future has in store; and
- A look at the key regulatory developments involving blockchain technology that apply in the capital markets space and to mergers and acquisitions, specifically.
- Gord Chmilar, Corporate/M&A Lawyer, Gowling WLG
- Denise Weeres, Director of New Economy, Alberta Securities Commission
- Usman M. Sheikh, Head of Blockchain & Smart Contracts, Gowling WLG
Panel Sponsored By: