November 29, 2023 4:30 PM - 7 PM EST
Add to Calendar
Join us for an evening of networking & conversation featuring Ping Ho, entrepreneur & owner of multiple Detroit food & wine businesses, including Marrow, The Royce, Mink, along with Sarah Welch, Marrow Partner & Executive Chef. The discussion will be moderated by Amy Whipple, Midwest Business Development Director at BDO.
The conversation will include:
- Believing in Detroit and the region's potential, as well as growing a brand that can travel beyond Detroit
- Establishing Marrow, located in the West Village, in 2018 & the significant milestones since then
- Gaining experience in strategic planning, business development, the digital side of the industry, and valuable lessons about working with start-ups through Ping's work in the music industry
- Expanding the reach of the Marrow brand by developing 14,000 square feet of space in Eastern Market for various purposes, including CPG, restaurants, and direct-to-consumer operations
- Adding an events business to the portfolio and bringing partners on board
- Overcoming the disruptions of the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Expanding the meat business through Marrow Detroit Provisions, distributing USDA meat products through their own channels in grocery stores such as Plum Market, Westborn Market , and Western Market
You won't want to miss this educational, dynamic, and inspirational evening!
Hosted by: ACG