May 15, 2014 3:30 PM - 10 PM EDTAdd to Calendar
M&A ACG DealSource®
(Annual Beer Tasting)
Thursday, MAY 15, 2014
Metropolitan Club, One East 60th Street, NYC
2:30pm - 9:00pm
This annual event attracts over 400 leading middle market
dealmakers for a full afternoon and evening of establishing new
relationships and existing ones through both structured meetings
and an open networking beer tasting event. The event will be held on the afternoon of Thursday, May 15 and will include concurrent breakout sessions featuring panelists from many M&A International firms who will discuss M&A trends around the globe and within specific industries.
The Speed Dating session will be held in parallel with the cross-border M&A sessions and will enable private equity professionals to arrange one-on-one meetings with International firms from around the world. The event will conclude with an open networking session and ACG NY's traditional “Beers Around the World” tasting.
The impact of the ever-changing global economy on cross-border M&A and the flow of capital.
Speaker: EDWIN A. FINN JR.
Editor and President, Barron's
Edwin Finn is editor and president of Barron's, The Dow Jones Business and Financial Weekly.
Mr. Finn first joined Dow Jones in 1980 as a national copyreader for The Wall Street Journal in New York and moved to the foreign desk as an editor in 1981. From 1984 through 1985, he was a banking and finance reporter in the Journal's Dallas bureau... Click for full bio
OVERALL TRENDS/LESSONS LEARNED IN CROSS-BORDER M&A Click for bios
Recent Trends In Cross-Border M&A: Risks And Rewards
- USA - Moderator: Greg Robertson, Chairman, TM Capital; M&A International
- Brazil - Gianni Casanova, Partner, Landmark Capital; M&A International
- Canada - Howard Johnson, Managing Director, Veracap M&A International
- UK - Lord Leigh of Hurley, Senior Partner, Cavendish Corporate Finance; M&A International
- China / Hong Kong - Richard Winter, CEO, Quam Capital; M&A International
PARALLEL INDUSTRY PANEL DISCUSSIONS FOCUSED ON GLOBAL M&A TRENDS
Technology, Media & Telecom Click for bios
High growth opportunities in the global technology and media markets
- Moderator: Reed Phillips, CEO & Managing Partner, DeSilva & Phillips; M&A International
- Brad Adams, Managing Director, TM Capital; M&A International
- Scott Marden, Managing Partner, CIP Capital
- Thibaut de Monclin, General Partner, Aelios Finance; M&A International
- John Semel, SVP of Planning and Development, John Wiley & Sons
Consumer Products/Retail Click for bios
Global trends in the consumer market – what’s hot and what’s not?
- Moderator: Jim Grien, President & CEO, TM Capital; M&A International
- Jonathan Buxton, Partner, Cavendish Corporate Finance
- Amy Margolis, Principal, The Riverside Company
- Martin L. Okner, Managing Director, SHM Corporate Navigator
2:30pm to 3:00pm: Registration
3:00pm to 4:00pm: Opening Remarks and Keynote
4:00pm to 6:00pm: Speed Dating – Private Equity firms will host tables for one-on-one meetings by appointment
4:00pm to 5:00pm: International M&A Panel Discussion
5:00pm to 6:00pm: Parallel Industry Panels Discussions – Technology/Media; Consumer Products/Retail
6:00pm to 9:00pm: DealSource® with M&A International firms hosting beer tables
INVESTMENT BANKING EXHIBITORS:
PRIVATE EQUITY EXHIBITORS: Andlinger & Company, Inc. Corinthian Capital Group, LLC Deerpath Capital Management H.I.G. Capital Hammond Kennedy Whitney & Co., Inc. Harbour Group High Road Capital Partners Huron Capital Partners Insight Equity LongueVue Capital Markel Corp. Monroe Capital PNC Mezzanine Capital Resilience Capital Partners Saw Mill Capital Sentinel Capital Partners Serent Capital Southfield Capital Advisors Summer Street Capital Partners Wafra Partners LLC Waud Capital Partners Weinberg Capital Group