The ACG Cup Committee is in full swing preparing for the 2024 Cleveland ACG Cup on January 19, 2024.
This year, we are looking to increase the amount of support provided to these teams as they are preparing to compete in January. If you’re interested in getting involved, please email Sandy Habecker, Chapter Executive.
Below are summaries of the volunteer opportunities currently available:
- Time Commitment: single day, all day commitment (January 19, 2024).
- Needed: industry professionals to serve as judges on the day of the event.
- We ask that you be present for as much of the competition as possible, listen to the presentations, provide constructive feedback to the participants, and to ultimately pick the winner of the Cup.
- Information and guidance will be provided in advance of the day to help prepare judges and set expectations.
- We support each team with 1-2 mentors to help guide them as they prepare for the competition.
- YACG Mentors should be available during the week and a half leading up to the Cup (January 2-19) to answer questions from your team(s) and provide advice and support as they work through the case.
- It’s not uncommon for a team to not ask any questions of their mentors, but we like for all to have the option to do so.
- Time commitment: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm, January 19, 2024.
- "Career Conversations" are booths set up by different ACG-member representatives from local firms in the Cleveland deal community.
- Career Conversations offers a more structured opportunity to meet these young, eager teams and allow for you to promote your company, while offering insights on your respective fields.
- Time commitment: two one-hour virtual sessions; November and December 2023; timing flexible based on volunteer schedule.
- Needed: M&A professionals to lead a one-hour virtual session during which participants can ask questions and review topics based on the substantive materials we provide to them.
- All such materials will be made available to any volunteers hosting office hours.
- In addition to sharing insights and perspectives, this forum is a great way to showcase your firm if you are looking to recruit from the area's top business schools.
A resume book of all of the participants will be provided to everyone who volunteers for the Cup. Overall, volunteering with the Cup is not only an excellent way to give back to our community, but also to meet some of our area’s rising talent and future ACG Cleveland members.